The Cranbury Lions Club sponsors the Jamesburg Leo
Club, which was chartered on May 5, 2011. The Charter Night Dinner
Ceremony to induct the charter members and install their officers
was held at the New Jersey Training School in Jamesburg on Thursday,
June 9, 2011 at 6:00 PM. Lion Fay Kobland and Lion Alex Johnson are
Leo Club Advisors for the Jamesburg Leo Club. Astrid Christiansen
and Mark Myers are the Leo Advisors from the New Jersey Training School.
John Kobland, First Vice District Governor Elect 16-D,
conducted the induction ceremony for the 18 charter members. Cranbury
Lions President Dave Shaffer installed the Officers and Board of
Directors. A total of thirteen Cranbury Lions and seven District 16
dignitaries individually congratulated each of the charter members. Also
in attendance and delivering congratulatory remarks were Linda Greenstein,
New Jersey State Senator and Dan Benson, New Jersey State Assemblyman.
The meeting ended with Leo Presidents Victor and Jordan and Secretary
Jesus reporting on their upcoming Leo projects and thanking the
Cranbury Lions Club for sponsoring their Leo Club.
The Cranbury Lions Club presented the Jamesburg
Leo Club with their Certificate of Organization containing the names
of the charter members, which was framed by the Cranbury Station Gallery.
On behalf of the Cranbury Lions Club, Fay Kobland presented the gift of
the Jamesburg Leo Club Banner to the Leo Club.
The Jamesburg Leo Club has been meeting twice a
month at the New Jersey Training School since their initial meeting
on April 12, 2011.
- In October held a joint meeting with the Cranbury Lions club where the District Governor John Kobland inducted new Leo members.
- Created and Sold Rescue Bracelets to raise money, which was donated for Breast Cancer. Raised $343.57 for Breast Cancer Research Fund of NJ .
- Designed, sold and made "Disable the Label" t-shirts to raise awareness for Disabilities and contributed $287.17 to the Middlesex ARC program.
- Campus-wide Recycling program for printer ink cartridges.
- Designed and sold Mother's Day cards to benefit Homeless Youth.
- In May held their second charter anniversary in a joint meeting with the Cranbury Lions Club. Bob Cenker, former RCA scientist who spoke about his experience on the Space Shuttle.
- Designed, sold and distributed Fathe's Day Cards to raise money which was donated to Covenant House for Homeless Youth.
- Made greeting cards for the residents of a local nursing home.
- Held joint meeting with the Cranbury Lions Club in October and participated in an activity working in teams where everyone learned the value of working together in a team to accomplish common goals.
- Sold, baked and delivered the orders for Thanksgiving Day cookies to raise money for Muscular Dystrophy; Raised $530 to donate to the Muscular Dystrophy Association.
- Handmade Valentines Day cards made by Leos with the Cranbury Leo Advisors attending and several NJTS staff which were donated to a domestic violence shelter.
- Collected for donations to a Freehold food pantry.
- Designed, sold and distributed Mother's Day Cards to raise money which was donated to Ronald McDonald House.
- Celebrated their first Leo Club charter night in a joint meeting with the Cranbury Lions Club.